Chatty is a Twitch chat client for everyone who appreciates a dedicated desktop application (similiar to a classic IRC client), but doesn't want to miss out on Twitch-specific features.
- General Features
- Nick colors, emoticons, badges, chat info, stream status and viewercount display
- With FrankerFaceZ-Support (Emoticons & Custom Mod Icons) and BetterTTV emotes (no Personal Emotes though), including unified bot badge
- Connect with OAuth (your Twitch account password is never entered in the application)
- Basic Whisper Support (no history)
- Chatlog, clickable links, TAB Completion (nicks, emotes, commands, custom), input history
- Message Highlighting and Ignoring
- SpeedRunsLive Race Viewer
- Viewer-centered Features
- Get notified when channels you follow go live and view a list of live streams
- Follow and unfollow channels directly out of Chatty
- View and insert your subemotes, channel-specific emotes, all global emotes and Twitch emotes you favorited
- Easily open streams in your browser, or run Livestreamer (or the more up-to-date Streamlink) out of Chatty
- Join several channels, popout individual channels to view them side-by-side
- Streamer/Moderation-centered Features
- Set your stream title/game/communities (using presets/favorites) and run commercials
- Add the current stream time to a file via hotkey or mod command to assist in making Stream Highlights
- View a list with the 100 most recent followers/subscribers of your channel
- Graph of how your viewercount developed over time this session
- Click on nick in chat to open customizable moderation dialog, showing the last messages of this user (no banning the wrong user) and basic account info
- AutoMod support to approve/deny filtered messages
- Choose your font, customize colors, timestamp, how bans are shown, joins/parts and more
- Customize usercolors based on user-type (mod, sub, turbo..), specific usernames or colors (replace colors)
- Customize usericons (badges), replace default ones or add your own for specific users
- Disable specific emotes, replace emotes with your own locally, change scaling all emotes in chat or the Emote Dialog
- Create custom commands and add them to context menus or the user dialog
- Add or remove regular, app-wide or global hotkeys according to your needs
- Extensive settings dialog to adjust the features to your needs
You need to have the Java 8 JRE or later installed (unless you're using the Windows Standalone version). Download Java if you need it.
Download & Getting started
- Download Version 0.9 (all OS)
- With global hotkey support (Windows only):
- Standalone Bundle (Windows executable, includes JRE, no installed Java required):
- Previous versions and source code are on GitHub
Extract the .zip into a folder of your choice and start Chatty.jar (or the Chatty.exe in case of the standalone).
When you start Chatty the Connect Dialog should come up. Click
Create login.. and
Request login data and follow the instructions to authorize Chatty to connect to chat for you. There is also a short
Getting Started Guide.
You can use this banner if you like Chatty and want to promote it. Just link to
http://chatty.github.io please. :)
Feedback (Feature requests, Bug reports)
This is my first slightly bigger program, so go easy on me. ;) But if you find any bugs or have any other feedback, feel free to tell me. You can message me on Twitch, write me an e-mail or use Twitter.
Please tell me about bugs or else I can't fix them. Please describe exactly what happened and how it happened, since this is absolutely necessary to find out what went wrong (just saying "it doesn't work" or "it won't load" can mean a lot of things). You should also copy the debug.log file in your settings directory (type /openDir to open it, or /dir if that doesn't work) before it is overwritten, in case it could be helpful to find the bug.
- Sometimes users aren't correctly sorted in the userlist
- Windows: Dragging the upper edge to maximize the window vertically doesn't resize the contents of the window. This may be a Java Bug that I cannot fix. Workaround: Try double-clicking the upper edge instead of dragging it.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I have an issue with Chatty, what do I do?
- Read the Troubleshooting. If you can't solve the issue with that information write a message.
- Does Chatty support other streaming services like YouTube or hitbox.tv?
- Unfortunately not, and it's not currently planned either. Chatty is designed around Twitch and adding support for other services wouldn't be a trivial task.
- Why does Chatty report "Stream offline", even though the stream clearly didn't go offline?
- Sometimes the Twitch API will return a stream as offline, even though it isn't. Chatty checks the API twice before reporting a stream as offline, but if both checks return false data, then a false offline report will happen.
- Why does the userlist not show all users correctly?
- First of all check that
Settings - Advanced - Correct Userlistis enabled. Even then, the userlist in Twitch Chat shouldn't be taken too seriously. Read more about the userlist..
- Is there any help/documentation?